- Prospective Students
- BSc in Computer Science
- Student Life in Fribourg (BSc)
- BA in Information Management
- Living in Fribourg (BSc)
- Current Students
- Bachelor in Computer Science
- Bachelor in Information Management
- People & Services
- Study Advisors
- IT Services
- Accounts, Connections, E-Mail & Cloud Storage
- Buying Software
- Cluster, SVN and MySQL Support
- Linux Support
- Mac Support
- Printing and Scanning
- Website Support
- Windows Support
- Alumni Association
- Contact Information
- News & Events
- DIUF Meeting Point
The most important information about the internship can be found here. Additional information is available on the website of the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
Conditions and procedures
The goal of the internship is to provide Master's students with practical experience in the areas of computer science or information management. The internship must take place in a company or institution that is professionally involved with information management or computer science and can take place in Switzerland or abroad. The duration of the internship is 12 weeks of full-time work (or the equivalent in cases of part-time work).
Each student selects and contacts the company or institution in which they would like to do the internship themselves. They should discuss the possibility of doing the internship there with a company representative, for example an HR manager. If a student is having problems finding a internship, they can concact the student advisor for the program, Prof. Andreas Meier.
Each internship must also be supervised by a professor in the Department of Informatics and before the internship starts, the student must fill out a form to validate the internship.
The student must submit, to their supervising professor, a proposal of about 3 A4 pages containing the following information:
- the address of the company or institution
- contact information, including an e-mail address
- the goals of the internship
- a brief description of the internship
The proposal must be approved by the supervising professor before the internship starts.
Once the internship has been successfully completed, the student must submit a report of about 15 A4 pages containing the following information:
- a brief profile of the company
- the objectives of the internship
- a detailed description of the problem and solution
- the lessons learned
This report will be reviewed by the supervising professor.
Certificate of Employment
The student must also ask for a certificate of employment from the company or institution in which the internship was carried out, which must contain the following information:
- information about the intern (name, student number, date of birth)
- internship hours showing at least 60 full time work days (at least 480 man-hours)
- legally binding signatures
- recognition of the internship
To validate the internship, the student must submit the following documents to the supervising professor:
- the form for validating the internship (in paper format for signature)
- the approved proposal (pdf)
- the approved report (pdf)
- a legally valid signed certificate of employment (as pdf)
Once the internship is approved by the supervising professor, the signed form to validate the internship, as well as the electronic documents (the proposal, report, certificate of employment), must be deposited at the Office of the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences. The Dean's Office validates the signed form and the electronic documents and awards the 18 ECTS for the internship.